Strategic Hardware Partners
Strategic Hardware is an authorized HP Storageworks Partner. Flexible and fast-changing virtualized environments require equally flexible storage that can adapt and change in real time. iSCSI SANs are composed of multiple storage nodes, clustered together into a single storage system. Each storage node contains all of the elements of a complete storage system:
- Industry standard hardware including disk drives, network ports, cache, RAM, processor and storage controller
- SAN/iQ® Storage Software. Built-in enterprise-class storage management feature set which include:
Storage Clustering. Multiple, clustered storage nodes. Each node contains its own controller, so adding more nodes increases performance and redundancy along with storage capacity, eliminating performance bottlenecks associated with legacy SAN technologies.
- Network RAID. Continuous data availability in the event of a network, disk, controller, or storage node failure.
- Thin Provisioning. A powerful form of storage virtualization that lets you create large virtual storage volumes that only consume the capacity used by actual data, leaving no stranded storage capacity.
- Snapshot capability. Instant point-in-time copies of your data on a volume-by-volume basis.
- Remote copy. Only the changes over time are synced to the remote volume, greatly speeding up data transfer over your network or WAN.